[oe] "as" has gone missing.

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Wed Jan 2 16:12:05 UTC 2008

"pHilipp Zabel" <philipp.zabel at gmail.com> writes:
> > I am need of a clue, if anyone can offer some direction.  Might this be
as
> > simple as a configuration option missing when gcc is built (and "as"
should
> > be part of the "gcc" package), or is this a case where I'll have to add
> > support for a separate "as" package to the recipe?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike (~mwester)
>
> binutils, binutils-symlinks

Excellent, that (mostly) works.  So what's missing is the dependency in the
gcc package.  Does anyone have any particular heartburn if I add a RDEPENDS
= binutils to the gcc recipe?

(As for "mostly", it works, but there's a mismatch that might be important:
    $ gcc hello.c
    /usr/lib/gcc/armeb-linux/4.1.2/../../../../armeb-linux/bin/ld: Warning:
/tmp/cceIGUyh.o does not support interworking,
    whereas a.out does
    $
)

Mike (~mwester)