[oe] Another weird case of PACKAGES_DYNAMIC and task deps, it seems

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:30:55 UTC 2008

Hello Richard,

> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 20:44 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> My money is on:
>>
>> DEPENDS_collie += "bc-native"
>>
>> in linux-rp.inc. Try removing that...

> Confirmed and fixed in 00610b176af0e4f4563f78fb71dc1219c777d13e.

> Let me stress once again, += and overrides do not do what you expect. It
> adds "bc_native" to the variable named "DEPENDS_collie", not "DEPENDS".

> DEPENDS_append_collie = " bc-native"

> is a very different thing and corrects this problem...

  Mea culpa, thanks for fixing it. I know it was it when you posted
that line, but didn't have time to test then.

  But maybe we indeed should do something about it on bitbake level.
If not teach to do the intuitive thing, then at least add adhoc test
with warning for += on UPPER_lower variable. Should be simple but
effective.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com