[oe] RFC: add osso version of libtool and libatk

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Tue Jan 8 18:03:50 UTC 2008

Holger Freyther wrote:

> > I am not able to find any single change in the code.
>
> I briefly talked with Robert on IRC. The requirement is not to use the osso
> variant but the upstream version. For libtool this is 1.5.6 and for atk
> probably the same applies.
>
> My conclusion is there is nothing wrong with (re)adding the versions with a
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE="-1" and I asked him to proceed.

If I understand it correctly, it was really intended to only
re-libtoolize the package with the libtool version supporting maemo.

If it is true, calling libtoolize -f (or autoreconf -f -i) in the recipe
is a much cleaner solution.

It may be valid for more packages and more platforms.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus