[oe] [Angstrom-devel] [RFC] Smallscreen mod for GtkFileChooser

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Jan 10 10:47:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

Paul Sokolovsky schrieb:
>   Well, not much joy here. Here's screenshot (as installed under
> Angstrom, I'm sorry beforehand if Poky is different):
> http://linuxtogo.org/gowiki/PaulSokolovsky?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=Poky-smallscreen.png
>
>   So, what we see is that the design of the dialog is changed,
> simplifying it to just a file list, parent dir button, and buttons for
> mounted filesystems (same icons appeared in Angstrom image). There're
> still "desktop" gaps and dialog sizing (3/4 of screen width, no resize
> with matchbox).

The screenshot pretty much indicates that the default Gnome spacing wastes too
much of space and looks ugly on these small screens. In fact I would make this
window fullscreen on such a small screen. This dialog style does not make much
of sense and only reduces usability. Just keep in mind that a file selector is
usually a window that displays a lot of information at one time and needs all
the space it can get.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de

1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588  D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76