[oe] RFC: strip "-native" from $S for native packages automatically (bug 1856)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sat Jan 26 00:51:12 UTC 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 12:33:39 Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I elicit your comments on bug 1856, especially comment3.
>
> The bug is about stripping "-native" automatically from the S variable
> for native packages since it will hardly ever occur that a tar ball will
> unpack to $PN-native-$PV/  This would save us resetting $S manually for
> native packages all the time.  Koen suggested the fix to go into
> native.bbclass. When I revisited the bug today, I thought this must be
> as easy to fix as simply adding
>
>   export S=`echo $S|sed s/\-native\-/\-/`

That looks like an infinite recursion to me.
S:= ... may work, but I don't like launching a shell for that.

If we really want to have that (I'm -0 on that), I would rather propose

S = ${@"%s/%s" % ( bb.data.getVar("WORKDIR", d, 1), bb.data.getVar("P", d, 1).replace( "-native", "" ) ) }

--
Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de