[oe] [RFC] Tosa patches for 2.6.24

Dmitry Baryshkov dbaryshkov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 00:05:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

As some of you know, currently I work on improving the Sharp SL-6000 (tosa)
kernel support. Some parts are going to be merged RSN, some parts are still
in preparation to submission. A pile of patches can't be submitted because
of backwards dependencies. Currently my patchset contains 54 patches.

Now back to support of tosa in OE. I think I have several options:

0) linux-rp-2.6.23 contains support for the device. It has problems, but it's
   mostly working. So leave it just for now, don't touch 2.6.24 and wait for
   2.6.25.
   I would prefer not to follow this path as I want to enlarge testing base
   for patchset and to let tosa-owners use decent kernel features.
1) Add all my patches on the top of linux-rp-2.6.24 as the tosa-specific part.
   This can be hard, as I touch various bits of kernel, this can require
   major efforts.
2) Just start linux-tosa recipe branch, importing few patches from linux-rp,
   and merge them later.
   No major pros et contras.

What would you recommend?

--