[oe] RFC: aggressive usurpation of bugs.oe.net by Angstrom

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Thu Jan 31 09:49:56 UTC 2008

Paul Sokolovsky schrieb:
> assumed that there's one common distro

Well, this perception shows.  But you are mistaken.  Angstrom (which
also has two versions now!) never was the only OE-derived distro just as
Microsoft Windows never was the only OS.

  OE <> Angstrom

And it is important to not blur this misconception any further.

Furthermore, the problems that I outlined in my original report go
beyond machine meta bugs on the one hand or one distro vs. multiple
distros.  Just one example: what do the fields OS or Hardware mean in
the context of on-device bugs?