[oe] prevent -O0 for glibc builds?

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Thu Jul 10 13:58:01 UTC 2008

Hi,
recently I set the (debug) optimization flags to "-g -O0" (= really
no-optimization and full debug infos) and got an error from the glibc
builds because glibc's configury told me that it cannot be compiled with
no optimization.

Would it be possible that the glibc recipes replace -O0 with something
else and print a note about this instead of failing? The reason is that
the current behavior prevents me from compiling a whole image without
optimization.

The reason I want -O0 in the first place is that while debugging an
executable gdb told me that certain variables where optimized out.

Regards
Robert