[oe] libtool issues with angstrom and classpath

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Sat Jul 12 18:01:48 UTC 2008

Hi Koen,

Koen Kooi schrieb:

>> I debugged this problem to the point where I found out that it does not
>> like the '-lmagic'. If I remove that from the makefile the build
>> continues. However this cannot be the real fix.
>>
>> What is wrong here and how should I fix it?
>>
>> What other program that uses libtool and links to an external library
>> can I look at and study their autotools files?
>
> It seems that the following bit causes the error:
>
> ./configure.ac:383:  AC_CHECK_LIB(magic, magic_open, LIBMAGIC=-lmagic)
Thanks for looking at this. I found a different 'solution'. In the
current libtool scripts that are generated from ./configure the variable
hardcode_direct is empty. For earlier libtool versions this was set to
'no'. If I manually edit the script and set the variable to 'no' the
build continues just fine.

I am currently discussing this on the libtool mailing list. If you know
other packages that break with the 'invalid hardcode properties' error
message you may try the above workaround.

Regards
Robert