[oe] Switching SCM to git and commit/review policy

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Mon Jul 14 12:22:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

the discussion has dried up a bit.  I guess everbody has said what
needed to be said.  Now comes the hard time of trying to find a consensus.

I am having a go at it, starting with Leon's suggestion of continuing
with the gentlemen's agreement plus a definition of "OE core" as
suggested by Tom Rini.  My feeling was this kind of struck a chord and
would be acceptable to most, if not all members of the community.

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Category_talk:Policy is my
attempt to make explicit what the gentlemen's agreement is (and isn't)
about, what parts belong to OE core and how we verify its consistency.
I suggest we clarify anything that still needs discussion with respect
to these points and then have a vote soon (unless we have unanimity,
which I hope).  Unless any major disagreements come up, I think we
should be able to complete that by Friday.

Regards

Rolf