[oe] Core team (was: Switching SCM to git and commit/review policy)

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Mon Jul 14 23:24:36 UTC 2008

Dear OE core, dear fellow OE members,

Koen Kooi wrote:
> The core-team will set the policy, so there's no need to vote.

Well, after this dragged on for well over half a year now and things got
stalled several times this was not the kind of response I was expecting.
 But I'll gladly pick up the ball you passed here to ask a more general
question or raise a more general concern I've been having lately.

Quite frankly, as of late, when it comes to OE governance, I've been
uneasy a lot.  For one, there's this ominous group of OE core that does
a lot of things behind closed doors.  It is not completely clear when
and why it was established, why the communication is not open, who is a
member and how it relates to ordinary members of the community.  Is OE
still an open project?  Is anybody outside core just a little-valued
monkey from which we gladly take code but leave out of any kind of
steering decision?

I am sure everything is alright, but I think some clarifications are in
order.  Looking forward to it.

Regards

Rolf