[oe] squashfs-lzma bitbake recipe needed

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 21:09:43 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Rolf Leggewie
<no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de> wrote:

>> The most important ingredient for this to work is the use of the squashfs filesystem as the storage format as I did not want to create just another file format.

I have used squashfs-lzma with OpenEmbedded for years now, mostly on
IXP4xx platforms.

I didn't know it was special, but it might be most of our kernels do
not have the patches in place, so thanks for any pointers/work there.

Really, squashfs-lzma should be mainlined.

Regards,
--
Leon