[oe] How update kernel recipe?

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 11:37:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Ulf Samuelsson
<ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com> wrote:

> If you have a number of linux_<version>, some with and some
> without support for your board, then it is harder to
> get an overview which kernels are supported.
>
> Drawback would be if you lose out on interesting features
> added by others by using a proprietary recipe.
>
> Very few machines seems to use the vanilla linux.
> Is there any move to merge current boards into vanilla linux_<version> ?

I have been using generic kernels for the GESBC, and CM-X270 work, and
it seems to work pretty well, so that would be my vote.  You're
correct, it is less obvious what kernel supports what board, so
perhaps a readme in the kernel directory would help?

Cliff