[oe] compiling buildhelper programs

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Thu Jul 24 16:49:27 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a question regarding OE's build recipe policies. I am currently
creating a recipe for the Netscape Security Service library (libnss3-1d
on Debian) which builds a native 'nsinstall' binary.

Is it OK when the recipe provides the native CC via BUILD_CC to build
those helper binaries while at the same time TARGET_CC compiles the real
libraries and binaries or do we strictly want a separate -native recipe
that builds the helpers and injects them?

Regards
Robert