[oe] [RFC] changing staging layout based on MULTIMACH_TARGET_SYS

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Mon Jul 28 12:43:01 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 of July 2008 11:14:40 Koen Kooi wrote:

> * In an ideal world we would use a single compiler version for all
> subarchs, but for arm we use 4.2.4 for armv4, armv4t, armv5te and
> armv6, but 4.3.1 for armv7a. C++ apps don't like that

I just ended Poky build for armv4t/5te/6/7a with gcc 4.3.1 and poky-
image-sato got built for each architecture.

> Richard and I have been talking about this for a while now and the
> change landed in Poky last week.

> I'd like to apply this right after the toolchain build order changes
> to minimize the number of full rebuilds people have to do.

> Comments, objections?

+1 from me as this helps to get ARM builds more sane.

It will also break some recipes which works fine now. Thats due to fact
that some stuff (like distutils from Python) use ARCH to create paths.

Attached patch is fast hack to make Python buildable after staging
changes. Would be nice if someone (Mickeyl?) would review it.