[oe] gcc-4.1.2 compile breaking in OE stable for powerpc

Welch, Martyn (GE EntSol, Intelligent Platforms) martyn.welch at gefanuc.com
Thu Jul 31 13:20:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:25:56 +0200
"Esben Haabendal" <esbenhaabendal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi

Hi Esben, thanks for the reply.

> I am using org.openembedded.stable for a powerpc target.
> I am using a custom distro, using gcc-4.2.2 (although
> gcc-cross-initial is 4.1.2),
> and it works nicely without any patches to toolchain recipes.

Hmm, gcc-4.2.1 and gcc-4.2.2 fail with a different error for me:

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fno-toplevel-reorder"

This happens whilst compiling crtbegin.o, I can even see this option in
the Makefile.

The manpage for gcc 4.1.2 doesn't shed any light on this option and
google is being rather quite as well, any ideas?

Martyn

--
Martyn Welch MEng MPhil MIET
Principal Software Engineer

GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms
Tove Valley Business Park, Towcester,
Northants, NN12 6PF, United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0) 1327 359444
Direct Dial: +44 (0) 1327 322748
Fax: +44 (0) 1327 322800
email: martyn.welch at gefanuc.com
web: www.gefanuc.com

GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms Ltd, registered in England and Wales
(3828642) at 100 Barbirolli Square, Manchester, M2 3AB, VAT GB 729 849
476

GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms Confidential and Proprietary. If you
have received this message in error please notify us immediately and
permanently remove it from your system and destroy any printed
hardcopies.