[oe] Merging multimachine.bbclass into the OE.dev core

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Jun 2 11:10:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 11:26 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> multimachine has been a kind of second class citizen for a long time
> having been maintained in its own class.  We now have things like sdk
> generation which implicitly depend on multimachine being used. I can't
> think of any reason people wouldn't want to use it and it allows extra
> flexibility without imposing any added limitations.
>
> Is it time we merged it into the core classes and made it the default?
>
> The one drawback is it will force an effective wipe tmp for anyone who
> wasn't using it before.

Its been pointed out that some people only use one target and therefore
don't like the longer paths when they don't need them.

I'd propose adding a singlemachine.bbclass which gives the old behaviour
although people using that would do so at their own risk from the
meta-toolchain and sdk.bbclass perspectives.

Cheers,

Richard