[oe] RFC: restart wiki from scratch

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Wed Jun 4 16:33:48 UTC 2008

Graeme Gregory wrote:
> Can we have this official with an announcement of the OE docs team
> forming? I cant see it being a problem with oe core dudes.
>
> Just to cut down on bickering later in the day lets have it all now.

Hm, I am a bit irritated as to what kind of bickering you and RP seem to
expect.  People's voices were heard and I think the discussion came to a
conclusion.  Things continued from there with me taking the lead on the
proposed solution.

If there is the need for one more official announcement (why yet another
one?) then that should wait until the site is up, DNS updated and some
content in.

Furthermore, I am not sure what OE doc team we are talking about.  I had
prepared a lengthy reply today to Philip's "let the guys who do the work
form first and decide on software then".  I scrapped that because a)
there is no doc team and nobody stood up and volunteered and b) because
I understood his message
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded/18575/focus=18602
 as "let the wiki admin team decide".  The wiki admin team is not the
same as the doc team, I just want to make sure that is not misinterpreted.

BTW, a growth from 0 admins to 5 admins in about 1 hour should squash
any possible bickering IMHO.  And maybe we should start giving the
people who take the initiative more credit instead of burdening them
with ever more thoughts about some *possible* bickering.  If ever there
was a need for that, time was amply provided during the RFC phase.