[oe] pkg_postinst_* not working anymore -> broken packages

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Jun 11 11:32:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 13:12 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> The problem case Leon and I are seeing:
>
>   Multiple kernel recipes are getting built when doing 'bitbake
> something', which makes builds fail, or worse, succeed and you end up
> with bogus kernels for your machine.

Ouch, thats bad :(.

> In the past we have worked around it by adding COMPATIBLE_MACHINE to
> each kernel (people should do that, yes, I'm looking at you,
> linux-bd-neon). But now we have linux_<version>.bb that are meant to be
> reused, we are stuck with this 'feature' again.
>
> Maybe we should special case recipes that do 'inherit kernel'?

Lets find the real problem. Do we know which dependency is causing the
problem? What is one recipe providing which the other isn't? There has
to be a reason bitbake is doing this, we just need to work out what it
is. That can be hard unfortunately and we need to improve on that...

Cheers,

Richard