[oe] Switching SCM to git and commit/review policy

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Jun 13 18:38:23 UTC 2008

Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> writes:

>>> I'd like to see that every commit has at least 2 SOBs, I care less on how
>>> they get there. Having the review out in the open should be the end goal,
>>> though.
>>
>>  From Documentation/SubmittingPatches:
>> "The Signed-off-by: tag indicates that the signer was involved in the
>> development of the patch, or that he/she was in the patch's delivery path."
>>
>> In the kernel Signed-off-by is primarily used to mark the way a patch
>> took into the kernel. If we do this, maybe we should use the same
>> nomenclature and have Acked-by for statements of approval. (And
>> eventually Tested-by/Reviewed-by, too?)
>
> That is probably a good idea.

I don't know how kernel people do to amend the patch to add the
acked-by/whatever data into each patch. It can be a big amount of work
to do an iteractive rebase for every ack given on ml for each patch
and with a high risk of human mistake while doing it.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855