[oe] Switching SCM to git and commit/review policy

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Mon Jun 16 16:35:35 UTC 2008

Koen Kooi wrote:
> That won't work, since people will 'accidentally' misread the list to
> avoid review.

That implies ill-will.  I don't agree with that assumption.

I'd also assume that somebody who misread the list (accidentally or
otherwise) and who then actually breaks something will get a powerful
reminder ;-)  Repeat offenders should also be easy to spot.

We should not reject a white/blacklist prematurely.

As far as getting maintainers involved, I agree that probably this will
be a difficult part since it can become complicated quickly (too many
things to check before making a commit)