[oe] Switching SCM to git and commit/review policy

Jan Lübbe jluebbe at lasnet.de
Tue Jun 17 09:51:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 14:09 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 03:38:23PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
> > I don't know how kernel people do to amend the patch to add the
> > acked-by/whatever data into each patch. It can be a big amount of work
> > to do an iteractive rebase for every ack given on ml for each patch
> > and with a high risk of human mistake while doing it.
>
> For the most part everything except the Signed-off-by is added by the
> patch submitter as they submit and resubmit the patch - often that
> information will just get dropped on the floor otherwise.

Instead of having the "acked-by" in the changeset, we could have it
implicit in the history:

* Everyone with commit access has their own branch
  - org.openembedded.dev.<username>
* Someone else reviewes/compiletestes the changes and then merges the
  branch into .dev
  - The name of the reviewer then appears in the merge

Trivial changes might go into .dev directly...

--
Jan Lübbe <jluebbe at lasnet.de>            http://sicherheitsschwankung.de
 gpg-key      1024D/D8480F2E 2002-03-20