[oe] bitbake vs incremental builds

Rich Pixley rich.pixley at palm.com
Wed Jun 25 22:28:39 UTC 2008

Looks like I got something wrong or got confused by the stamps earlier.
I am seeing top-of-tree org.embedded.stable build more things after
changes with BB_STAMP_POLICY = "full" than it was previously.

I'm also seeing that behavior in our environment now, although I'm not
convinced we're doing all that people expect yet.  I'm planning to
switch us over tomorrow morning.  We'll whether anything hits the fan then.

For this to be accurate, we need to eliminate all cases of "NOSTAMP",
don't we?  Isn't the only reason to use NOSTAMP to force something to be
redone every pass?

--rich