[oe] python-pygobject fails to build from scratch

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sun Jun 29 22:27:22 UTC 2008

Am Samstag 28 Juni 2008 17:28:56 schrieb Mike (mwester):
> The patch below causes build failures for me :(
>
> Specifically, with an empty tmp directory (and parallel make specified,
> but I don't think that makes a difference in this case),
> gobject-generate-constants is not yet built and staged.  In fact, it is
> both created and used by this makefile, so there's no way that this
> recipe should use the one in staging (in fact, if it's working for folks
> today, it's because their builds are finding (an older) one left around
> in staging).

That's strange. The situation is that pygobject 2.14.x compiles a helper which
it calls during the build process which fails. Since we already had a
pygobject-native for various other packages laying around, i made that stage
the necessary helper and made pygobject DEPEND on pygobject-native.

Can you check whether pygobject-native is getting build and staged for you at
the time pygobject is going to be compiled?

Update: Sorry, forget what I said, I had a patch to pygobject-native to
commited :/

It should work now.
--
:M: