[oe] opkg and libgnutls linkage

Matt Darland mdarland at pager.net
Mon Jun 30 23:20:14 UTC 2008

On Monday 30 June 2008 05:08:01 pm Matt Darland wrote:
> When I install opkg-nogpg and try to run it on my target system I get the
> error
>
> "opkg: error while loading shared libraries: libgnutls.so.26: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> It appears that there is a libgnutls.so.13 installed on my system, but I
> can't seem to figure out where a '26' might be....
>
> Any insight?
>
> ---
> Thanks

It looks like curl is linking against the gnutls on my build machine. It
happens that my build machine is an i686 and my target machine is an i586.
The staging/i686-linux/usr/bin/i586-linux/libgnutls-config seems to be
returning the version in my /usr/lib. Upon further investigation I noticed
this message when build gnutls.

NOTE: package gnutls-1.6.3-r6: task do_package: started
NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libgnutls.so.26
NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libgnutls.so.26
NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libgnutls.so.26
NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libgnutls.so.26
NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libgnutls.so.26
NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libgnutls.so.26

Any ideas on how to fix this?

----
Thanks