[oe] content addressable fetching of packages, through MD5SUM or SHA1SUM?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 09:19:06 UTC 2008

Hello Koen,

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Koen Kooi
<koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:

>  for archive in * ; do
>  ~   ln -sf $archive $(md5sum $archive)
>  ~   ln -sf $archive $(sha256sum $archive)
>  done

Neat, but this is a one-to-one mapping from a single hash to a single URI.

I meant an extra level of indirection, where

(md5sum,sha1sum) => table of URIs

I think this means the fetcher class must be changed so that it first
tries the proposed SRC_URI,
and then falls back to quering the above database for alternative URIs.

The neat thing would be to have a crawler, that Google's on the file
name for alternate locations,
fetches them, md5sums them, and inserts them into the URI table once
it matches the (md5sum,sha1sum).

>  That's the quick and dirty way :) If someone comes up with a script, I
>  can run in on the angstrom source mirror for people to test against.

In fact, your approach is how we track datasheets here :-)

Regards,
--
Leon