[oe] sdk.bbclass and gcc-cross-sdk

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:06:09 UTC 2008

Richard,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
>  What do I propose as a solution? I think the simplest thing is to would
>  be to do some/all of:
>
>  a) revert my sdk.bbclass changes
>  b) continue with our build == host assumption for gcc-cross-sdk for now
>  c) rename sdk.bbclass cross-sdk.bbclass
>  d) add a "real" sdk.bbclass

Before a), I would like to see a description of what we expect the
different classes to do, simply because I have lost track. I
understood we never  supported building Canadian cross-compilers, BTW.

There are other projects that focus on the correctness of building
cross toolchains*, canadian or non-canadian, and if we have clear
requirements for each of our classes, I would like to see if I can
understand what we do (correctly or not).

Regards,

Leon.

*diy-linux.org is the most pedantic about correctness in the toolchain
bootstrap, AFAIK.

Regards,
--
Leon