[oe] AVR32 init segfault: Any resolution?

Robert Wörle robert at linuxdevelopment.de
Fri Mar 7 20:44:19 UTC 2008

Dear all

Put up on the below message i started a new toolchain and added
uclibc-0.9.29 as preffered in angstrom-2008.1.conf

I dont have the atmel toolchain on this box and the minimal-image ends
up like this:

NOTE: package uclibc-initial-0.9.29: started
NOTE: package uclibc-initial-0.9.29-r9: task do_configure: started
NOTE: exceptions.AttributeError:'module' object has no attribute
'get_srcrev' while evaluating:
${@bb.fetch.get_srcrev(d)}
ERROR: function do_configure failed
ERROR: log data follows
(/srv/home/bob/oe/avr32/tmp/work/at32stk1000-angstrom-linux-uclibc/uclibc-initial-0.9.29-r9/temp/log.do_configure.10484)
| NOTE: make OPTIMIZATION=
CPU_CFLAGS=-isystem/srv/home/bob/oe/avr32/tmp/staging/avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc/usr/include
-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -Os
STRIPTOOL=true LD=avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-ld
LOCALE_DATA_FILENAME=uClibc-locale-030818.tgz
CC=avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-gcc  oldconfig
| /bin/sh: avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-gcc: command not found
| make: avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-gcc: Command not found

am i supposed to install the atmel toolchain and set them as
preferred_provider as this message says :

NOTE: multiple providers are available for
virtual/avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-libc-for-gcc (external-toolchain,
uclibc);
NOTE: consider defining
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/avr32-angstrom-linux-uclibc-libc-for-gcc

On my laptop i have both the atmel chain and "somehow" manage to get a
oe build up to minimal-image.

Regards Robert

Koen Kooi schrieb:
> Geoffrey Wossum schreef:
> | Hi all,
> |
> | With Richard's help on the toolchain and a patch to the
> | conf/machine/at32stk1000.conf (submitted via Bugzilla), I can now boot
> the
> | kernel on my AVR32 based AT32STK1000.
> |
> | However, init segfaults.  Here's the last boot of the boot activity
> before the
> | segfault:
> |
> | Waiting 1sec before mounting root device...
> | mmc0: new SD card at address b368
> | mmcblk0: mmc0:b368 5     249856KiB
> |  mmcblk0: p1
> | VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
> | Freeing init memory: 64K (90000000 - 90010000)
> | init[1]: segfault at 00000008 pc 2aaabbe8 sp 7ffd0f20 ecr 24
> | init has generated signal 11 but has no handler for it
> | Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
> |

> | Alex reported the same bug about a month ago to this mailing list.  I
> haven't
> | seen any resolution to it, though.  Is there a resolution to this bug yet?
>
> You should be able to use busybox as init nowadays, or add add uclibc
> 0.9.29 for avr32 :)
>
> regards,
>
> Koen

*Robert Woerle
**Linux Development *

phone: 	+49 (0)821 4442253
mobile: 	+49 179 4744527
email: 	robert at linuxdevelopment.de <mailto:robert at linuxdevelopment.de>
web: 	http://www.linuxdevelopment.de
UStNr. 	102/289/51264

This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
property  and are intended only for the person(s) to whom this e-mail is
addressed.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by telephone or e-mail and destroy the
original message without making a copy. Thank you.