[oe] [Announce] OpenEmbedded stable branch

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Tue Mar 11 14:50:28 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 05:24:24 am Koen Kooi wrote:

> It seems a lot of people are unaware that there is a stable branch where
> only review patches get applied:
>
> org.openembedded.angstrom-2007.12-stable
>
> So I don't want to hear anymore of those "OE is unstable" or "There is
> no stable branch" complaints anymore, mmmmkay ;)

It might be a good idea to package up a tarball of the stable version, if only
because it gives potential users warm fuzzies.  I have the same basic
complaint about buildroot.  There's no "version" to download.  The difference
is I've never had a buildroot daily snapshot just work for me.  I have had
openembedded.dev checkouts just work :)

Also, having to mess with monotone just to scope out the project could turn
some potential users off.

2 cents from an outsider...

---
Geoffrey