[oe] Reconsidering the work flow and how the SCM system fits in

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:49:23 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:24:05 +0100
Florian Boor <florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Paul Sokolovsky schrieb:
> >
> > That's because you don't know hg. Scientific studies has proven it
> > to be 27.92% easier.
>
> I'm tempted to agree blindly ;) Where did you find this?

Ummm, I seem to lost the links! But I swear I heard that on TV! Also,
grandma in the nearby shop tells the same! ;-)

> *If* the user interaction of hg is much better than git then this
> would be a reason to prefer hg.

I assess that by: can I move away from using a tool for some time, then
come back and continue it using without learning it again. There're some
core commands which work almost the same in cvs/svn/mtn/hg. Git is
the most diverging from them.

So, I used when played with Familiar's fork repo, and a bit with
kernel, but what I remember about it is that it has some weird
pre-commit buffer (they call it "index"), have many quirky switches,
you may spent time figuring out how to revert local changes, and at the
same time, lose your local changes without you wanting that, etc., etc.

> Greetings
>
> Florian

[]

--