[oe] Cellwriter

Hal tr halsbox.incoming at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:47:54 UTC 2008

2008/3/11, Ken Bloom <kbloom at gmail.com>:

> I'm very surprised that CellWriter isn't in OpenEmbedded yet. This is a
> GPL handwriting recognition system that can be used on keyboardless
> systems, for example the Nokia 770, for input. Please add this if you
> can, and encourage distributions for keyboardless devices (e.g. Poky
> Linux, and Mamona) to include it in their images.

I'm using it  on my hx4700 with Angstrom, but my bitbake recipe includes
also a set of dirty patches to copy icons to proper place, to delete
terrible built in keyboard, to reformat the window layout for better screen
space usage and to add wmclass hint to manipulate the cellwriter window from
my wm (icewm) and much much more, hmm also it seems hicolor-icon-theme is
needed by cellwriter when it's running. So I think cellwriter as it is, is
not very usable without a lot of adaptations, imho.