[oe] staging ABI changes and broken idium

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Mar 12 09:42:09 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 10:17:54 Richard Purdie wrote:

> > -I/usr/include is still bad (assuming it holds your system headers).
>
> We want the -I/usr/include removed since we must not use system headers
> but we don't need any such include since sysroot or our standard CFLAGS
> will pick up staging. s:'-I$(includedir)'::g should therefore be ok.

Right, the proper fix is go to the Makefile.am and exchange -I$(includedir)
with an empty string. I think the majority of places that sed the Makefile
have this in mind, sure they can hit other places as well... this is why I
didn't blindly fixed the sed's. For the configure.ac this more looks like
paths to search for header and such, we need more care there as well.

Rolf: This sounds like a perfect weekend project to do together and go through
the list I'm compiling and fix these and verifying that they work.

z.