[oe] Git versus Hg

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:32:44 UTC 2008

>  What is still unclear to me is how well a shared git repository with
>  push access for multiple parties is going to work. The mobile-linux
>  repository on serenity had some kind of permission trouble before we
>  added the group permission fixup in the post-update hook.

Very well. We have a Mamona git repository and each developer has
published their own repositories (sometimes with push access) and it
works fine. Using git remote you can add others branches fetching
pulling and pushing on them through http or ssh. For this you can
create a published branch your publish master and create another
branch to work on...
Git multiple branches is so amazing... It has almost no cost to create
or switch branches... Furthermore you can switch to a remote branch
and see your cowork branch as well use it to do a OE build.
And once more: git fetch and branch switch are *so fast*.

Cheers
vivijim