[oe] Git versus Hg

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:22:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:51:49 +0100
Tom Cooksey <thomas.cooksey at trolltech.com> wrote:

[]
> If you choose a well-known SCM system, it's one less
> thing new potential developers need to learn. They have enough to
> learn as it is.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
>
> PS: Personally, I'd never heard of Hg until reading threads on this
> list.

And you won't believe, but many people never heard about Perforce, even
though it has been alternative (commercial, plus OpenSource loyalty
program) to CVS for something like decade (cannot be exact, but 7
years ago it was there for sure). Many large entities still selected
CVS and spent money on "reduced development productivity and extra
maintenance costs" (forgive my corporate-speak), just because it was so
familiar.

[]

--
Best regards,