[oe] Stuck with AVR32 segfaults in init

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Wed Mar 12 16:00:38 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 06:23:04 pm Richard Purdie wrote:
> Hi,

> If you take an OE binary and run it within a working filesystem from
> whereever, what happens? If it segfaults there you may be able to debug
> it. If it doesn't, try copying libs from OE into that system until it
> breaks? That should at least tell you where the problem is.

Here's the results:
 - Run OE busybox on working BR system
   Works

 - Run OE busybox with OE libc.so on working BR system
   Works

 - Run OE busybox with OE libc.so / libm.so on working BR system
   Works

 - Replace BR libc.so with OE libc.so
   Works

 - Replace BR libc.so / libm.so with OE libc.so / libm.so
   Works

 - Replace BR ld-uClibc.so with OE ld-uClibc.so
init[1]: segfault at 00000008 pc 2aaabc84 sp 7ff80f30 ecr 24

 - Replace OE ld-uClibc.so with BR ld-uClibc.so
   Works

So the ld-uClibc.so build by OE is definitely the culprit, and replacing it
with the ld-uClibc.so from Atmel's buildroot makes everything better.

I'm going to investigate what possible differences could exist between the OE
ld-uClibc.so and the BR ld-uClibc.so now.

---
Geoffrey