[oe] Reconsidering the work flow and how the SCM system fits in

Hans Henry von Tresckow hvontres at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 06:33:28 UTC 2008

Since there seem to be at least two major schools of thought on which SCM to
use, has anybody condiddered some sort of hybrid approach? SSCM (
http://sscm.masukomi.org/) looks like an interesting tool to keep multiple
SCM's happy.

I think that the apparent bias towards git has something to do with the fact
that most people working on embedded hardware need to do a fair share of
kernel hacking.

I do agree that whatever solution we pick needs to allow for easier
branching-merging-backporting then the current mtn repo.

Just some random thoughts by a (for now) read-only OE user.

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)