[oe] Reconsidering the work flow and how the SCM system fits in

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Thu Mar 13 11:29:36 UTC 2008

Dnia Wednesday 12 of March 2008, Paul Sokolovsky napisał:
> "Leon Woestenberg" <leon.woestenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Multiple heads and lightweight branches are two different things.
>
> Probably also because of different numbers of hexadecimal digits?
>
> > A branch has a name/tag that tells me what is happening in that
> > branch or who is making it happen.
>
> And heads have head revision and change logs too!

And gets automerged by our monotone server.

> Well, but the talk was about mirroring and syncing potentially
> incompatible changes. Do lightweight branches help with this?

They do. After Poky release I pushed lot of stuff which I had ready on my
harddisk (unversioned). With GIT I would just do 'poky-after-3.1-release'
branch which would die after merging with 'trunk'.

For making experiments with Poky I can create branch (via git-svn for now)
which will have few days of work inside which will then be merged and
pushed.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                 We are the Knights who say: MOVE.L USP,A1