[oe] Git versus Hg

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Mar 13 12:17:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 12:27 +0100, pHilipp Zabel wrote:
> Unrelated to the SCM discussion, do we need those empty directories at all?

I wondered this, probably not...

> ./packages/kismet/kismet-2007-10-R1

A missing patch I have locally, now committed, oops :)

> ./packages/xhost
> ./packages/xmodmap
> ./packages/xproto
> ./packages/xrandr
> ./packages/xrdb
> ./packages/xprop
> ./packages/xset
> ./packages/xfonts

Don't exist in OE.dev, try running "mtn list unknown".

> ./packages/dbus/dbus-python
> ./packages/linux/linux-openmoko-devel
> ./packages/gcc/gcc-4.1.0
> ./packages/tslib/tslib-1.0
> ./packages/sqlite/sqlite3-3.4.1
> ./packages/sqlite/sqlite3-3.3.17
> ./packages/netbase/netbase/ghi270

Removed as not needed.

> ./packages/netbase/netbase/if-up.d
> ./packages/netbase/netbase/if-pre-up.d
> ./packages/netbase/netbase/if-post-down.d
> ./packages/netbase/netbase/if-down.d

So these are the only remaining problem and changing the recipe slightly
can solve that.

In my previous mail I mentioned issues with .svn, just for clarity in
that case its not empty directories that cause problems but the .svn
directory itself being copied around by do_unpack. Both this and
the .dummy problem suggest we need a way of ignoring files in do_unpack
though.

Cheers,

Richard