[oe] Eureka! AVR32 ld-uClibc.so segfault solved

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:36:46 UTC 2008

Hello Geoffrey,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Geoffrey Wossum <geoffrey at pager.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 02:50:09 pm Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
>  I just submitted all my patches for the AVR32 to OE's bugzilla.  They are
>  All of the patches are straight forward, except for patch to uclibc.inc
>  (attachment #8196).  Some one who knows more about why CPU_CFLAGS and
>  OPTIMIZATION were being overridden by uclibc.inc needs to comment about the
>  effect this change would have on other platforms.  This is really the
>  important patch, since without it you can't build a working ld-uClibc.so.

Good question. I had a similar question about something that wasn't
trivial in the (uclibc) bitbake recipe.

Obviously, we need to comment the non-trivial parts a bit better while
we review and/or commit to the more complex parts of the OE metadata,
such as the toolchain.

Thanks for the work on the AVR32,

Regards,
--