[oe] Toolchain related fixes for new staging with sysroot

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 08:37:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was trying to do a clean build of OE after the staging structure
change. I found couple of problems which the attached patch fixes

1. Cross binutils was using wrong --with-sysroot it was pointing into
the CROSS_DIR infact it should point to STAGING_TARGET_DIR then only
linker will be able to append sysroot correctly.

2. glibc-stage.inc I added an make 'install'. I wonder why we do not
use it so far ?
with make install there is no need to generate the linker scripts
libc.so and libpthread.so manually by hand they get generated by the
glibc make install and has correct paths in it. The existing mechanism
was dumping the files into $sysroot/lib and not into $sysroot/usr/lib
which infact is the right location for them.

3. eglibc_svn.bb recipe was using its own mechanism for doing staging.
The patch makes it to use glibc-stage.inc

I have tried an qemu arm/angstrom 2008.1 build with eglibc and it
looks much better now. Its still running.

OK ?

Thanks

-Khem