[oe] Default SRCREV value

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Mar 19 23:50:35 UTC 2008

Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've stumbled upon SRCREV="1" setting if bitbake.conf today, debugging
> misterious mis-build of pkg-native.
>
> Shouldn't SRCREV default to ${AUTOREV} or something like
> ${sys.write("Please define SRCREV"}; sys.exit(1)} ? Default value of "1"
> is hardly useful.

We know :)

But defaulting to ${AUTOREV} causes builds to fail if the repository is
offline during parsing and checking AUTOREV during parsing is a slow
process.

Setting SRCREV to 1 is not a good solution, but it is better than all
the alternatives. Personally, I wish bitbake would print a HUGE message
when it tries to fetch a SRCREV of 1 telling people to update a
preferred version file or add AUTOREV to a local conf file. (I have
AUTOREV in my local.conf for a few bb files where I mean AUTOREV)

Philip