[oe] problems when using overrides...

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Fri Mar 21 01:00:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 18:38 -0300, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:
> I'm trying without success to use
> BB_NUMBER_THREADS_icecc = "8" in my local.conf
>
> I've already checked with mickeyl help that all variables are set correctly:
>
> OVERRIDES="local:icecc:nokia800:mamona:linux-gnueabi:arm:build-linux:fail-fast:pn-bitbake"
>
> BB_NUMBER_THREADS="8"
>
> but it is not working...
>
> It starts only one thread. But when I remove the "_icecc" it really
> starts 8 threads.
>
> Does someone have any idea?
>
> Holger? Richard?
>
> btw I'm trying to set up other 3 variables with this icecc overrides:
>
> PARALLEL_MAKE_icecc
> INHERIT_append_icecc
> ICECC_ENV_EXEC_icecc
>
> but no one seems to be working...

Override expansion only takes place at a certain point in bitbake
execution. I suspect some of these variables are being accessed without
override expansion taking place, I'm nearly sure of that happening in
the BB_NUMBER_THREADS case since its a bitbake internal variable.

PARALLEL_MAKE_icecc should work
INHERIT_append_icecc could be problematic, since bitbake handles INHERIT as a special case
ICECC_ENV_EXEC_icecc should work

Regards,

Richard