[oe] SCM scorecards

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Mar 27 13:40:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 03:11:47AM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 02:01:20 Graeme Gregory wrote:

> > The methods of syncing two git trees seem to be hacks or alter
> > data. master becomes origin/master for example.

> repo.or.cz supports a mirror mode so it can't be too hard. My approach would
> consist out of two shell commands:

That's a read-only mirror with one master server where writes happen.
What monotone supports is having multiple masters - users can push
changes to any of the servers and have the servers sort things out.
You'd also have to jump through a small hoop to make all the branches
visible on the child - by default it will not create local branches for
all remote branches, it will represent the remote branches as
remote/branch tags (where remote is the name of the remote, origin by
default).