[oe] LEAD_SONAME?

Tom Cooksey thomas.cooksey at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 27 16:52:07 UTC 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 15:44:02 Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 12:17:41 Tom Cooksey wrote:
> > I get a warning saying:
> >
> > NOTE: Multiple libraries (...) found and LEAD_SONAME not defined
>
> this has to do with debian package renaming. This happens when someone (e.g.
> your distro as part of its policies) INHERITS the debian bbclass.
>
> What is happening:
> 	Imagine I have a package foo and only install a libfoo.so.1.0.0 in the
> libdir. AFAIK according to debian packaging policies the package gets renamed
> from foo to libfoo1. If you have more than one lib installed OE does not know
> which lib name to pick and will print the warning (debian.bbclass:83).

Ok, well I'm not sure I like the idea of packages being renamed outside my control,
I wouldn't know which name to use in DEPENDS in other recipies. There is also the
issue of image recipies not knowing about the new name, so I can't just add my
package to the list in the image recipie.

> Your options are:
> 	- Ignore the warning
My prefered option, but only if this is not causing my dissappearing library issue.

> 	- Define a LEAD_SONAME of your primary lib
> 	- More finegrained packaging.
Do you mean doing having LEAD_SONAME_foo, LEAD_SONAME_bar, etc. ? That
could work?

> helpful?
Always. :-)