[oe] LEAD_SONAME?

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Mar 27 17:13:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 17:52 +0100, Tom Cooksey wrote:
> Ok, well I'm not sure I like the idea of packages being renamed outside my control,
> I wouldn't know which name to use in DEPENDS in other recipies. There is also the
> issue of image recipies not knowing about the new name, so I can't just add my
> package to the list in the image recipie.

There used to be this problem but it doesn't exist these days. In
DEPENDS you use the recipe PN. In R* varaibles like RDEPENDS you use the
name as it is in PACKAGES. Any renaming will automatically be taken into
account.

debian.bbclass is the typical example of this and probably where your
LEAD_SONAME warning is coming from.

> > Your options are:
> > 	- Ignore the warning
> My prefered option, but only if this is not causing my dissappearing library issue.
>
> > 	- Define a LEAD_SONAME of your primary lib
> > 	- More finegrained packaging.
> Do you mean doing having LEAD_SONAME_foo, LEAD_SONAME_bar, etc. ? That
> could work?

No, select one e.g. if libfoo is the most "important", LEAD_SONAME =
"libfoo".

Cheers,

Richard