[oe] LEAD_SONAME?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Mar 27 17:40:49 UTC 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 17:52:07 Tom Cooksey wrote:

> Ok, well I'm not sure I like the idea of packages being renamed outside my
> control, I wouldn't know which name to use in DEPENDS in other recipies.
> There is also the issue of image recipies not knowing about the new name,
> so I can't just add my package to the list in the image recipie.

Hehe. For DEPENDS this is not an issue, for RDEPENDS it is not an issue as
well and this is the reason why I ask you to create a task in between,
because the renaming is failing/not done on image creation. ;)

> > Your options are:
> > 	- Ignore the warning
>
> My prefered option, but only if this is not causing my dissappearing
> library issue.

Unlikely

> > 	- Define a LEAD_SONAME of your primary lib
> > 	- More finegrained packaging.
>
> Do you mean doing having LEAD_SONAME_foo, LEAD_SONAME_bar, etc. ? That
> could work?

I assume this is with Qt? So you still have separate packages for qtcore,
qtxml, ...? Why do you have more than one library in these packages anyway?
But yes LEAD_SONAME_qtcore, LEAD_SONAME_qtxml would clarify things. But again
findout why there is more than one lib in the package.

z.