[oe] ipkg/opkg offical response

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Fri Mar 28 04:23:48 UTC 2008

Dnia Friday 28 of March 2008, Tom Rini napisał:
> > I changed the DEPENDS to u-boot-mkimage-openmoko-native in
> > kernel.bbclass and removed the DEPENDS from linux.inc. The assumption
> > here is that u-boot-mkimage-openmoko-native is a strict superset of
> > u-boot-mkimage-native.
>
> I'll ask the silly qustion.  Given that mkimage hasn't changed in I
> don't know how long, why are both providing it?  Just to save on
> sources downloaded?  Did OM really change mkimage?

It was other way. We had u-boot recipes (target ones) which staged
mkimage. This was wrong as it mixed target and host in one run. Then
Openmoko guys started to use u-boot and one day someone created recipe
just for mkimage from their overpatched version.

u-boot-mkimage-native was created by me in Poky few days ago to get rid of
overpatched Openmoko version. I used 1.3.2 (latest upstream) version as a
base. Now I see that u-boot-tools-native (1.2.0) is in OE and do the
same.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

          Monday is a hard way to spend one-seventh of your life.