[oe] base.bbclass: Enable overwrite flag for unzip command

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:45:43 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl>
wrote:

> I think all unpack methods should have consistent behaviour, but I don't
> think silently overwriting files is a good idea, especially when SRC_URI
> contains patches as well.

In fact, unpacking over the previous work dir is one of numerous reasons why
rebuilds are very prone to non-deterministic builds; if the package build
behaves differently when left-overs are present, we have a problem. (A
simple example is a Makefile with non-correct dependency information - most
of these already fail during -jN with N>1).

However, we should note that re-builds are non-deterministic at least in
these two cases.
- when the meta data has changed inbetween. (Boosting PR helps as it will
start from a clean dir).
- if individual tasks are forced and the package has faulty internal build
dependencies.

I like the current behaviour of OpenEmbedded though, where we can force a
re-do of each stage during development.

I just never trust it for a release (candidate) build.

Change committed in  2e450cceb8dfc2c7a8dc9fce69d0d31223476a09, thanks for
the review.

Regards,
--
Leon