[oe] Which of the EZX phones should OpenEZX focus on in the future?

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Mar 31 10:26:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

Jonathan Wilson schrieb:
> My vote also goes to the MOTOMAGX phones. They are the only linux phones
> still being made by moto. The kernel is a 2.6.x kernel and if a method
> can be found to overcome the signature checks, it should be fairly
> simple to migrate up to a newer kernel. The tricky part will again be
> the various userspace binaries needed to make everything work (audio,
> USB, phonecalls etc)

I call it a good idea to support the MOTOMAGX phones as well. They are produced
in higher volumes than the EZX phones and sold worldwide. On the other hand
there are many many EZX phones out there that need better software - so the main
problem is still to attract developers that help getting the devices into a
state where we can actually use them.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de

1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588  D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76