[oe] Behaviour when bitbaking a specific version with DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1"

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:32:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Rolf Leggewie
<no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de> wrote:
> Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>  > when I perform a bitbake package-version.bb, whilst that package has
>  > DEFAULT_PREFERENCE -1, weird things happen.
>
>  example?

Sure. (Revision numbers might be off, I do not have access to the
build machine right now.)

I had built console-image for MACHINE=efika, with madwifi-ng as an
extra package.
madwifi-ng-r2072 gets built, because newers have DEFAULT_PREFERENCE -1
(at least for MACHINE "efika").

Good so far.

I then cleaned madwifi-ng. If I then build a specific newer version
(which has DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = -1", bitbake madwifi-ng-r3367, bitbake
starts to build both revisions, and concurrently in my case.

I.e both the one I specified, and the one which has DEFAULT_PREFERENCE set to 1.

Not a common case, but it took me a while to see what caused it.

Regards,
--
Leon